Interpretations of the Kansas Landscape on display at the Lawrence Visitors Center
Lawrence, KS, July 27, 2023 – July’s Final Fridays in Lawrence, Kansas, is Friday, July 28. Final Fridays is a free monthly arts festival where Lawrence artists, galleries, and local businesses present arts and culture events. The collection of events takes place on the last Friday of every month, all year long, between 5:00 PM and 9:00 PM.
The Lawrence Visitors Center is hosting “Interpretations of the Kansas Landscape: Paintings by Heather Duris and Roura Young.” Kansas is featured in the work of two Lawrence artists, painter Heather Duris, and watercolorist Roura Young. Both Duris and Young create semi-abstracts and abstracts of the landscape; the vastness of the open prairie and bright sky can be seen in both their pieces, yet they approach their subjects with a distinct vision. This exhibit focuses on their two unique interpretations of the Kansas landscape.
Other Final Fridays events include:
- Functional Art at Art Love Collective
- New Works by Robert McNown at Cider Gallery
- The Warmest Season: Works by Luca Trujillo at Seedco Studios
- Olive Harrington and Luke Havener at Edward Jones
- Art by John Geery and Music by Benjamin Cartel at Danielsan Electric
- Art by Gil Ortiz at Crescent Moon Winery Tasting Room
- Fine Jewelry Collection Debut Party at Summit Steps Minerals
- 10th Anniversary Party at J.Lynn Bridal
- Sew It’s Us Pop-Up Sale at 313 Studios/Kaw Valley Glass Studio
- Harold Smith: Let me tell you, Hollie Rice: Holliewood, Richard Chung: Present Moments at Lawrence Arts Center
- Art by painter Jen Unekis, sculptor Walt Hull, wood artist Matthew Jarmer, and jewelry and fiber artist Ruth Hawkins, plus live music at Phoenix Gallery
For the most up-to-date list of Final Fridays events, visit explorelawrence.com/final-fridays.
# # #
About eXplore Lawrence
eXplore Lawrence represents travel and tourism in Lawrence and Douglas County. We are dedicated to creating economic development by attracting visitors, events, and conventions to our city.
About Final Fridays
Final Fridays began in August of 2010 when The Lawrence Arts Center, Downtown Lawrence Inc., The Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission, and a wealth of artists, gallerists, art collectives, and local businesses came together to bring the arts to a broader public.